Loudoun County pianist Jennifer Warren-Baker offers piano entertainment (background and foreground) for all of the Washington, DC-metro area. Though she resides in Purcellville, Virginia, her service area includes most of the DMV: Northern Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Jennifer is available for:
- Entertainment for Private and Company Parties
- Christmas/ Holiday/ Hanukkah Parties
- Corporate Events/ Conferences/ Conventions
- Birthdays, Anniversaries, Retirement Parties
- Cocktail Hour Pianist
- Gala Music
- Banquet Music
- Wedding Ceremony Music - Indoor and Outdoor
- Music for Funerals/ Memorial Services
- Grand Opening Music
- Hotels, Restaurants, Vineyards, and Wineries
- Concerts of Original Music
*** Classy, portable piano and sound system available!***
Jennifer specializes in artistic interpretations of popular favorites and original compositions. A versatile musician and entertainer, Jennifer is comfortable in all styles. Jennifer's passionate and elegant piano music is demand for DC area events and organizations. Jennifer has performed for events at many notable DC venues such as The Organization of American States (AIPAC New Leadership Summit and Banquet 2013), The George Washington Masonic National Memorial (Memorial Theater), and Union Station (VSA International Festival 2004). In August of 2013, Jennifer had the honor of being selected as the resident pianist for Salamander Resort and Spa's inaugural year. At the five-star luxury resort in Middleburg, VA, Jennifer entertained guests three nights per week in the resort's breathtaking lobby ("The Living Room"). Jennifer was privileged to be the in-house entertainment when First Lady Michelle Obama stayed at the resort in the spring of 2014. Her experience there has helped her to develop her own unique piano style, a hybrid blend of classical technique and jazz harmony, replete with runs, rapid arpeggios, flamboyant endings, mesmerizing cross-hand acrobatics, and stream-of-consciousness improvisation. Jennifer's repertoire is vast, including:
- Classic rock from the 50's through 90's such as Elton John, Billy Joel, Sting, Eric Clapton, Carole King
- Jazz Standards such as Jerome Kern, Cole Porter, Gershwin, Ellington, Rogers & Hart
- Popular/ top-40 hits of today, from Coldplay to John Legend
- Classical piano music and themes from the world's most famous operas, ballets, and symphonies (examples: La Boheme, Pachelbel's Canon, Clair de Lune, Fur Elise, Moonlight Sonata, Swan Lake, La Traviata, Blue Danube)
- Movie/ TV themes like St. Elmo's Fire, Somewhere in Time, and Let it Go (from Frozen)
- Broadway hits from Phantom, Sound of Music, Les Mis, and more.
- Ragtime and boogie such as The Entertainer and Linus & Lucy
- Jennifer's original piano compositions (some of her most popular showpieces at parties are her compositions!)
- Special requests, including Christian music, Happy Birthday, and more....
Jennifer is more than a pianist and teacher. She is an artist who has something to say. Her university music degree (BA Music GMU) and professional experience enable her to fill almost any musical role she is hired for -- creative and non-creative. Her excellent sight-reading abilities and theater experience allow her to jump in tech-week and play a show with only one week's rehearsal with the cast. She has subbed last-minute for both a musical and a jazz orchestra concert -- both with only a few days notice. She has worn the hat of theater accompanist, opera accompanist, dance accompanist, competition accompanist, audition accompanist, choir accompanist, soloist, hotel lobby pianist, jazz pianist, rehearsal pianist, orchestra pianist, classical pianist, church pianist, musical director, as well as commissioned arranger and composer.
On the creative end of the spectrum, Jennifer's intuitive skills at composition and improvisation allow her to spontaneously arrange familiar tunes in her one-of-a-kind style. She can just sit down and play, pulling many original pieces from her memory or simply improvising a brand new piece.